Written by Melissa Riegel, BA, and Christine Call, AB.
The Columbia Center for Eating Disorders, a research program with a 30+ year history of treating individuals with eating disorders, is a special resource in this day and age of insurance-dictated treatment options. When considering treatment options for yourself or a loved one, we understand that there are often many questions. To give you a better sense of our mission and our program, click on the links below for answers to some frequently asked questions:
- I’m concerned about my child/friend/loved one’s eating problem. I think he/she needs help, but can’t get him/her to call. What can I do?
- What types of treatment do you provide?
- What can you tell me about the current studies?
- What does it mean if I’m not eligible?
- How do I know if this is the program for me?
- Do I need insurance to cover the cost of my treatment?
For answers to other commonly asked questions, please see this previous post.